Wednesday, January 27, 2016

You're a Good, Good Father

I got the phone call today from our pediatrician. He went over the labs with me, indicating that Brodys parathyroid, thyroid and RF all came back normal. Brody is a little vitamin D deficient so we will start supplementing for that. Then he went on to say that he talked to our neuro yesterday and he was able to speak to the director at the Muscular Dystrophy Clinic at Cooks. The doctor went on to tell our neuro that they have kids in their clinic with early stages of MD (no muscle weakness yet) but have the elevated enzymes like Brody. Another punch to the gut. So we got a phone call from the referral nurse and she sent all of Brodys labs and paperwork over to them today. We were told who the doctor was that Brody will be seeing (which is the actual MDA director) so I was able to look him up. He seems very knowledgable and specialized in this area. Now to sit down, come up with a list of questions and wait for the call to go to Fort Worth. 

I lost it today, full out lost it. Sat in a parking lot and cried my eyes out. And man did it feel good. I may or may not have punched the steering wheel a couple of times. Only the Lord knows how many people were staring at me. I truly felt better after getting that out of my system. Now it's time to get my big girl pants on and get ready to fight this battle. God has got this. He always does, He always will. He's shown miracle after miracle with both Gavin and Brody. He healed Brodys heart without ANY intervention. He has answered our prayers time and again with Gavin. Believing and trusting it can and will happen again. After I threw a fit in the car, Brodys favorite song (I mean he belts it out loud and ask for me to put on repeat) came on. How's that for saying "be still, I've got this"?! 

"Oh, I've heard a thousand stories of what they think you're like
But I've heard the tender whisper of love in the dead of night
And you tell me that you're pleased
And that I'm never alone

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am

Oh, and I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word

You're a Good, Good Father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are"
-Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment